Saturday, December 15, 2012

Above The Curve Nail Polish

Excited to show you a new collection from an Indie polish group I am new to called Above the curve nail polish. The first thing that sets apart this polish brand from others is their mission to aide in the awareness of Shriner's Hospital for Children and Scoliosis. As a cell and molecular biologist who did research on understanding early congenital disorders such as congenital scoliosis I think it is absolutely amazing that they donate $1 of every bottle sold to Shriner's Hospital for Children. ATC has released 3 collection sin the last few weeks including: the Narnia inspired collection, Holiday Collection and the Fallen Angel Collection which I will be reviewing today. Consistenting of 4 polishes the Fallen angel contains mostly hologrpahic polishes followed by one regular polish.

IMG_1837
Bottle shots of the Fallen Angel collection in Arch Angel, Risen Angel, Divine Angel and Fallen Angel. All swatches were done with 3 coats to ensure full coverage followed by a top coat.

IMG_1903
Arch angel is a soft lilac polish with iridescent glitter in it . This polish is the only one in the collection that isn't holographic. Out of all the polishes I found this one to be a little bit thicker than the others and it wouldn't dry as smooth as uniform as I would have liked but I really really liked the color. I think if it was a little more thinner it would be even better. 

IMG_1882
Risen Angel is my favorite of the group. It is a plum violet color with beautiful holographic shimmer to it. The polish went on smooth and uniform dried quickly.

IMG_1894
Divine Angel is a green blue color. I feel like the image doesn't give the polish the true beauty it is in person. I am by all means not a blue nail polish lover and I really liked how well it went my skin tone.

IMG_1902
Fallen angel which I love the name and think it is perfect for this color. A black pigment with holographic color that also is a favorite of the black holographic polishes I have seen.

IMG_1881
I just wanted to show a side nail shot of Risen angel polish to show you the great coverage the polishes give off.

Overall, I liked the holographic polishes, they went on great and dried fast. I really wish the Arch angel was a little bit thinner bc I love the color and especially like how well it looks on my skin tone.  

Looking for Christmas gifts for that nail polish loving sister, mother, friend, family member. Check out all the collections on any of the Above the Curve Nail Polish Pages:


Also don't forget that $1 of every polish you get is donated to the Shriner's Hospital for Children


**disclaimer-these products were provided for my 100% opinion**


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...