Thursday, November 15, 2012

Urban Decay Midnight Emergency Kit

Another thing I got from my Urban Decay purchase was the Midnight Emergency kit. A cute little palette that came in what reminded me of a clutch to take for on the go makeup. Included in this kit was 4 shimmery shadows, a lip gloss and brush for application.


The colors in this palette are Midnight Cowboy, Midnight Rodeo, Midnight 15 and AC/DC. Like I had mentioned in yesterdays review of the Skull shadows box these shadows are also very shimmery so if you’re looking for a matte shadow I wouldn’t recommend this kit for you.
The first two colors in this palette are:
Midnight Cowboy-light pink with a frosted/shimmery sparkle to it. I probably would you it as a base color but I am not sure how it would look like all over the lid.This color could potentially be used for a under the brow shadow as well.
Midnight Rodeo- is a sparkly brown taupe. You could use this color more for either an all over the lid look or a crease color. The only bad thing is if you use it for a crease color you will have a lot of shimmer everywhere.
The next color is Midnight 15 a light white/gray shadow with lots of glitter in it. This could be used for a highlighter or base.

The last color in this palette is AC/DC a plum/blue purple color with a hint of iradescent glitter in it. I would really love to combine it with a black to see what kind of look I can get.

Swatches of colors: Midnight Cowboy, Midnight Rodeo, Midnight 15 and AC/DC
These swatches are done on bare skin (w/o a primer) and thus for a more dramatic effect a primer potion should be applied beforehand.

Also included in this palette which is not individually pictured is the Midnight Cowboy Lip Junkie is sheer shimmery natural color gloss that has a mint scent to it and plumps your lips up a little. Somewhere bc work and school I lost it already after trying it for like what 1 day. Very disappointed bc I actually liked it and was going to rave about it! Oh well.

Overall, I was a little disappointed in this palette bc when I think of midnight emergencies like your out I think of dramatic crazy shadows not frosted or glittery colors. And personally I am just not a big fan of glitter colors bc they fall everywhere to your lower eyelid, in your eyes, pretty much everywhere. The best part of the palette for me was the lip gloss which I lost already and the case. It's cute it will fit easily in any purse but other than that its off to find another shadow palette.

 

Normally $36 this palette is on sale at Urban Decay for $22 so if you’re interested in checking it out or what other makeup Urban Decay has to offer check out their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...