Thursday, May 9, 2013

Make Up For Ever HD Powder

I suffer from oily skin and theres nothing I hate more than a greasy forehead! Yuk! I try to wipe my face down with those blotch papers but sometimes I forget so I wanted to try and find another solution to my problem. A lot of people told me about the HD powder from Make Up For Ever so I jumped on the chance to review it when I went to the Makeup Bag Remix event here in Dallas 

IMG_3562
This translucent powder could be worn over over foundation of alone and is supposed to mattify your skin and make it shine-free while giving your face a flawless look.

IMG_3563
One thing I did not like about the packaging was the fact that there was no way to close it. I usually like those circle things where you can rotate it to open it. But the HD powder did not come with one. Tried to put a piece of tape on it but it was a fail and everytime I close it I lose some and it makes a mess. One thing they should do is change the packaging for sure.

IMG_3564
I swatched it to show you how it looks. Kind of like baby powder. A little definitely goes a long way here. You don't need much at all. 

IMG_3565
This stuff is very powdery so apply only a little bit. I tried with on top of foundation and by itself. While it def helps with the oil and coverage lasts for a fairly long time I felt like my face was very cakey when I applied it over foundation. But when I applied it alone it didn't look as bad. Now I know that is not good for people with blotches and etc. I did put it over mineral foundation so maybe if it is applied with liquid foundation it won't look quite as bad.


Overall, since I don't really need the coverage I def will be using this for days I don't feel like having shiny days. I probably won't wear it with foundation and prob wouldn't buy another bottle if they don't fix it and have something to close it bc so much falls out every time I open or close it so I am wasting it.


Price-$34
Where to find online or at a beauty store like Sephora

**disclaimer-this product was provided for my 100% honest opinion**

1 comment:

  1. You're right...it shouldn't feel cakey once you have it on. Oh and awesome review on the packaging. That's important too. Wasting product makes my heart hurt.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...