Wednesday, May 22, 2013

NYC-Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm


I am so excited to have a bunch of drugstore makeup/nail reviews coming up. Don't get me wrong I love my designer makeup, but, as a student it gets hard to afford the good stuff but good thing there are a lot of drug store brands that make some amazing products. Today I am reviewing the new Applicious Glossy Lip Balm collection from New York Color

IMG_3747 
Inspired by the famous "big apple" aka New York, these lip balms are supposed to deliver color, shine and moisture. The collection consists of 10 different colors and I will swatch 4 of those today

IMG_3749 
The colors I have today are: Apple Plum Pie, Big Apple Red, Applelicious Pink and Blushing Golden

IMG_3750
I swatched all colors on my arm. Sorry if its hard to see the colors on my arm but these balms are not super super pigmented

IMG_3802 
Apple Plum pie looks like a purple color but it doesn't come off like that on my lip color. It added a hint of color but not too much

IMG_3812 
Big Apple Red wasn't as red as I thought it would be. 

IMG_3880
Applelicious Pink added a hint of pink to my lips. I think I would have a liked a bright pink color more than a natural pink 

IMG_3763
Blushing Golden is the only color you can really see on me. The other ones are more like my normal lip color so its hard to see them on. This one is a light frosty color you can def see on me. 


Overall, the Glossy lip balm has a good consistency-not super thick where your hair sticks to it. It is perfect and moisturizes pretty well. I do really like the apple smell these balms have. Yum! the only thing I wish was better was the pigmentation of the balms. There def good to wear at for example work but I would have loved them to have a dark pigmentation so I could wear them our instead of wearing lipstick. I def have been wearing these to work bc they hydrate my lips very well.


Price-$2.99
Where to find-Drugstores or online

**disclaimer-These products were provided for my 100% honest opinion**

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...