Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Smashbx Softbox Palette

I have never tried Smashbox Cosmetics so I was so excited when I was contacted to potentially review the Softbox palette. 

IMG_3589
It comes in a sturdy case and I love the appearance. Simple but cute

IMG_3590
This palette came with 6 colors in it and a dual ended brush with a big one for all over lid colors and a smaller one for defining around the crease. I usually don't ever use the brushes that come with the palette but I actually liked these ones. 

IMG_3591
As you can see in this palette there are 3 mattes and 3 shimmer shadows. Now you know I am not a huge fan of shimmery shadow but these are not too shimmery at all and in fact I found myself using the shimmery colors more than the matte ones. Go figure. 

IMG_3699
Going from the top row down there is a:
  • Brown shimmery color perfect for the entire lid, 
  • Beige/grey color which can go over the entire lid or serve as a base color, 
  • Light beige color which can serve as a base color or can even be used to bring out the lower eyebrow area, 
  • Darker brown color like the first color that is also shimmery that can also be used for the lid
  • Light shimmery golden brown color
  • Dark matte brown color that can be used for smokey eye or for the crease


Overall, I am a sucker for neutral colors. Love them very much so I like that this palette had lots of different kinds of browns. The shimmery colors were perfect for me who is not a fan of glittery stuff. One thing I noticed is just make sure to tap off the excess shadow bc the brushes pick up a lot and if you don't tap it off you will get a messy palette like me. Speaking of brushes I liked them two and loved that it has two on it and there different sizes. 

Price $39


**disclaimer-This product was provided for my 100% honest opinion**

1 comment:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...