Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mac Ruby Woo vs. Riri Woo

I think everyone was trying to get there hands on RiRi Woo a remake of Macs Ruby Woo lipstick with a twist. I know I joined the part super late and left it on my work computer (I know bad bad girl) while I did work and I probably waited about 30 minutes and it went just in time to get my hands on it before it sold out! I literally got one right before it closed. I couldn't believe it. 

IMG_3780
Since I purchased Ruby Woo about a year ago I thought I would do a post to see how different or similar the two are.

IMG_3765
All pictures will be with Ruby Woo on the left side and RiRi Woo on the right

IMG_3767
Lipstick shot of both Ruby Woo and RiRi Woo (this lipstick has an imprint of RiRi signature)

IMG_3768
The first thing I wanted to do was a swatch of both lipsticks. The Ruby Woo looks lighter more tomato red but if you look at RiRi Woo looks more deeper of a red.

So let's see what each looks like on??

IMG_3770
Ruby Woo

IMG_3779
RiRi Woo


Sorry the lighting is really crappy...but I decided to take a picture of them side by side

IMG_3784
Ruby Woo is on the upper lip while RiRi Woo is on the lower lip? 

Can you tell the difference? I hate to admit it but I really can't tell a difference when it's actually on. I can tell a difference with my arm swatches. So personally if you are own a Ruby Woo I would probably save your $$ for purchasing something else in the RiRi collection. I just hope she has unique stuff because if everything is just a remake of other old Mac stuff I will be sad. Since my Ruby Woo is looking nasty I prob will toss it. 


Do you think Ruby Woo and RiRi Woo look different of similar? Comment below. 

Price $15
They are currently sold out but more will be up soon in June. Sign up for their email list here


**disclaimer-this product was purchased by me**

5 comments:

  1. I've noticed a difference on deeper skin more than on lighter skin. The undertones are richer in RiRi Woo and I think it does look more amplified than Rubywoo. They look almost identical on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell the difference on your lips, but the side-by-side swatch I sort of can see... RiRi Woo looks more pigmented & red (if that makes sense).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have Ruby Woo, so I am glad I picked up Riri, even though the difference is really subtle. It really does look awesome on though! At least if Riri ever runs out, I can pick up Ruby :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought RiRi Woo today and it is my first attempt at rich red lipstick. I am quite excited! Do you use a liner?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...