Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mac Ruby Woo vs. Riri Woo

I think everyone was trying to get there hands on RiRi Woo a remake of Macs Ruby Woo lipstick with a twist. I know I joined the part super late and left it on my work computer (I know bad bad girl) while I did work and I probably waited about 30 minutes and it went just in time to get my hands on it before it sold out! I literally got one right before it closed. I couldn't believe it. 

Since I purchased Ruby Woo about a year ago I thought I would do a post to see how different or similar the two are.

All pictures will be with Ruby Woo on the left side and RiRi Woo on the right

Lipstick shot of both Ruby Woo and RiRi Woo (this lipstick has an imprint of RiRi signature)

The first thing I wanted to do was a swatch of both lipsticks. The Ruby Woo looks lighter more tomato red but if you look at RiRi Woo looks more deeper of a red.

So let's see what each looks like on??

Ruby Woo

RiRi Woo

Sorry the lighting is really crappy...but I decided to take a picture of them side by side

Ruby Woo is on the upper lip while RiRi Woo is on the lower lip? 

Can you tell the difference? I hate to admit it but I really can't tell a difference when it's actually on. I can tell a difference with my arm swatches. So personally if you are own a Ruby Woo I would probably save your $$ for purchasing something else in the RiRi collection. I just hope she has unique stuff because if everything is just a remake of other old Mac stuff I will be sad. Since my Ruby Woo is looking nasty I prob will toss it. 

Do you think Ruby Woo and RiRi Woo look different of similar? Comment below. 

Price $15
They are currently sold out but more will be up soon in June. Sign up for their email list here

**disclaimer-this product was purchased by me**


  1. I've noticed a difference on deeper skin more than on lighter skin. The undertones are richer in RiRi Woo and I think it does look more amplified than Rubywoo. They look almost identical on you though!

  2. I can't tell the difference on your lips, but the side-by-side swatch I sort of can see... RiRi Woo looks more pigmented & red (if that makes sense).

  3. I don't have Ruby Woo, so I am glad I picked up Riri, even though the difference is really subtle. It really does look awesome on though! At least if Riri ever runs out, I can pick up Ruby :P

  4. I just bought RiRi Woo today and it is my first attempt at rich red lipstick. I am quite excited! Do you use a liner?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...