Thursday, August 16, 2012

Covergirl blastflipstick

I just recently got into lipstick. Never thought it would look good on me and just couldn't find the right kind. I finally got reintroduced with a designer lipstick a few months ago but who has the money to afford lipsticks that cost over 10 dollars? I certainly don't so when I got the chance to review some drug store lipsticks by Cover girl I def wasn't going to say no.

Covergirl Blastflipstick is a convenient new double ended lipstick that offers two blendable shades that can be interchanged with one another with the simple flip of a stick. What's even cooler is that one end of the stick contains a creamy side which can be mixed with the shimmer end of the other side. Or you can use each duo individually to get the look your looking for. Consisting of 13 different shade duos of this collection, I got the chance to review two of these neatly designed lipsticks.

Two lipsticks I have to review today is #855 Minx and #800 Whisper. Mink consists of a deep berry and taupe shade while whisper consis of a taup and pearl pink shade.



Mink consists of a deep berry and taupe shade while whisper consis of a taup and pearl pink shade.

Here is the deep brown shade on Minx and Whisper contains the taupe pink shade. Notice the Minx side is the creamy shade while the Whisper has the shimmery lipstick.

Here is a swatch of the deep brown lipstick on Minx. It can come out a lot darker but since I am already brown I decided to keep it pretty light. It doesn't look at bad as I thought but I am not really into brown lipstick and feel it would look better on other skintones.

Here is the shimmery pink shade on the Whisper lipstick. I like the golden shimmery and color of it. It looked really nice with my skintone and this color def is one that I think will look good on lots of colors.

Flipping over the lipstick we see the gold shade of Minx and the Taupe pink of the Whisper. Here you can see the gold is more shimmery while the pink is a creamy texture. When I looked at these two colors I was like there's no way these will look good. They were totally out of my comfort zone.

The gold shade actually looked pretty cool. And it seemed like an amazing summer color. All I needed was some shimmery lotion and some sunglasses and I would feel like Jennifer Lopez lol! But really it turned out to be a cool shade!


The Taupe pink shade was another color I was scared of. But I thought if Nicki Minaj can pull it off so can I! It was def a different color but I loved it! This color is my fav of all the four for sure!

Overall, I loved the creamy texture, the way it moisturized my lips and smell of these lipsticks. I don't know about you but lipstick usually has this weird smell to it but I liked these. Love the variability that each shade duo has and the fact that you can change up your look mid day by simply flip the stick and applying the other shade. They are convenient and the colors I tried today were great! I can't wait to see the other 11 shades and am glad I got to try these as I found new shades of lipstick I can pull off now!



Where to find: Any drug store (Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgeens)
Price: $8.49
 

**Disclaimer- This product was provided me by the PR of Gillette for my 100% honest opinion**

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...