Monday, August 6, 2012

July Bloom.Com Ambassador Box Part Two

Hey Ladies- Part 2 of my Monthly Bloom.com Ambassador Box Reviews. Today I am reviewing one skincare product and one makeup product.

The first product is Dr. Dennis Gross Extra Strength Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel. This treatment aims to smooths the appearance of fine lines while firming skin, treating large pores, redness and excess oil to give you a refreshed and revitalized look.

Applied daily you simply wipe your cleansed face with 2 wipes. Step 1 is applied to your face in a circular motion from your forhead to your neck and applied to dry for 2 minutes. Then you apply step 2 using the same circular motion. Neither wipe is washed off and you go about your day. I used these wipes at night before bed. Bloom.com sent us a 5 day sample of these treatment.

I hate that I have to show you a no makeup picture but here it is, a clean face! Ahhhhh! Lol here is Day 1 and Day 5. (I took the picture in the same area and the same lighting but for some reason my Day 5 came out better. Maybe bc I was closer. Not sure but apologizes their not exactly the same)

Here I am wiping my face on Day 3 (sorry my eyes are a bit red)

Overall, I noticed a little redness the first day when I used this product but it quickly went away following continued use. Also, the smell of the Step 1 wipe was very strong with me that I would have to hold my breath and close my eyes, it was kind of like a strong methanol smell. I didn't have any irritations (thank goodness) to the peel besides a slight tingling when using the Step 1 wipe. In the end, I didn't really notice a dramatic difference but that could be because I don't have too many scars on my face and have a pretty clear face. Also, I did notice an increase in oil in my forehead and an enlargement in the pores of my nose. When weighing the pros vs. the cons and the fact that it cost $85 for 30 applications I think I would pass on this product. Although it could be that I only used wipes for the 5 day and the results are typical or maybe the regular strength would be better for me. Again, this is my personal opinion and it may work well for others!


The Second product I am reviewing today is the Stila In the Know Palette that came out recently!

This palette comes with 10 different shades that vary from light to dark beige colors, brown, orange, grey and black colors.
L to R: Air, Wind, Desert, Clay, Earth (top)
Driftwood, Fire, Rain, Smoke, and Ebony (Bottom)
Also included: Smudgestick Waterproof eye liner in Half Moon


Here are swatches of the first 5 colors on the palette. These are great base coat colors (first 4) followed by Earth which is a great lid or crease color.


The second row on this palette contains great lid and crease colors. It varies with Driftwood which is a brown color, fire a fierce orange/red color, rain is more of a natural light brown, a nice grey color (smoke) and of course you can't go wrong with a smokey black color (Ebony)


Here are some looks I achieved with some of the colors included in this palette:
The exotic Stare using Clay over the entire lid and Ebony along the contour crease area. I also tried out the eye liner in Half moon.

Here is a side view of the above look.

I def had to try out Fire bc it looked like a great color. Here I put Fire along the lid and just had to use a brown crease color in Earth. I mean Earth and Fire! Def a good combo.

Love love love this look and how the Earth looked! Amazing.

I usually use black as a smokey eye look but decided to change it up and use Driftwood on the base and bring in a smokey Ebony color.

This combo suprisingly looked amazing too! I loved it.

Overall, I love this palette. It provides some colors that you can combine to create some AMAZING looks. Def challenged me on looks to create and I think they are perfect Fall Colors. There also are a lot of light colors that are perfect for beginners to work their way up to come great daring looks! And when applied with a Primer they lasted all day long! Love this palette!!!

Want to see these products or more that Bloom.com has to offer? Check out their Website ! I have also provided the individual links of all the products I reviewed today! Hope you enjoyed learning about all these products and I dont know about you but I can't wait to see what I get to review next month!



Do you have anything on Bloom.com that you would like to see reviewed? I def want to hear about those products so I can provide suggestions to Bloom.coms Ambassador Representative

**Disclaimer- These products were provided to me for my 100% honest opinion**

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...