Thursday, March 28, 2013

Beauty Product Showdown Thursday- Blush

Happy Thursday all! Can you believe the weekend is almost here! I can't wait!!! Today's beauty product showdown and I thought it would be good to compare a drug store beauty brand vs a more expensive designer brand in Blush Showdown!

So let's get started!

IMG_3320
The contender is the Stick Blush ($6) by NYX Cosmetics

vs.....

IMG_3322
Make Up For Ever's HD Blush in #6 ($26)

IMG_3325
The HD blush comes in a lotion like bottle and the NYX blush comes in a stick (apologies this picture has them reversed)

IMG_3323
To use the NYX stick blush you simply draw a line across your cheek bone and then blend it in. It has good pigmentation and you can either add more color to it or blend it in more to make it lighter. But, while the color is great at first by the end of the day you don't have much left.


For the HD Blush, you squeeze a button size amount onto your arm and I like to make little dots across my face. The texture is super creamy so its really easy to blend. Do NOT add alot because this blush is extremely pigmented!!! A little goes a long way for this! You def get really good coverage as well.


After testing and comparing this products for over a week hands down

the winner is..

Make Up For Ever HD Blush


Although the NYX is more affordable I would def splurge to get the HD cream bc it has amazing pigmentation, lasts for a long time and overall I love the consistency of it! My sister even tried it out the other day when I was home and raved about it! You know she wished I would ACCIDENTLY have left it there when I left! I really wanted to like the NYX bc its a really cool package and convenient but I just didn't like that longeivity of the product. But def if your on a budget just re-touch it up often!


**Disclaimer-These products were purchased by me**

2 comments:

  1. That would be my complaint about the Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Color Contouring Stick (which is more like a blush in my opinion) It doesn't last as long as powder. BUT its so easy to apply and re-apply and carry in your purse...and its a good color to use on eye lids, lips, etc...I guess I forgive that it isn't long lasting.... I haven't tried the makeup forever yet. I love their foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fine post

    Happy Easter

    http://newlifewithfashion.blogspot.com/2013/03/431-wielki-piatek.html


    I follow you, follow me??

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...