Thursday, March 21, 2013

Beauty Product Showdown Thursday-Face

Hey all! I know I missed out on last weeks Beauty Product showdown! I think I will have it every other week as its really hard to compare two products in a week.

This weeks Beauty Product Showdown theme is Face in and particular BB Cream!

Been trying to find a good BB cream? Well today I compare two popular Drug store brands!

So let's get started

IMG_3358
This weeks showdown features BB cream by Maybelline ($6-7)

IMG_3359
And Loreal BB Cream ($10.95)
IMG_3360
Serving as an 8:1 skin protector the BB Cream by Maybelline aims to blur inperfections, brighten and evens skin tone, hydrates, enhances, smoothes, has SPF 30 protection and has 0% oils and heavy ingredients. The color I got here is medium sheer. It is extremely light, does not oily my face and most importantly does not break me out! I apply it before foundation and love the coverage it gives.

IMG_3361
Note the moisturizing effect it has on my skin. It blends very well but I wanted to show you how it looks on my skin tone so I did not completely blend it well in this photo.

IMG_3362
The Loreal BB Cream on the other hand has only 4 tasks to hydrate, prime, perfect and correct. As you can see here it is a white color with little beads in it that will tranform to meet your shade. This is the Light shade.

IMG_3364
When blended in you can see its def moisturizes less than Maybelline. And I used this quite a few times and felt like after I applied my foundation my face looked more cakey than usual. I thought maybe I put too much concealer over the BB cream to cover up my pores on my nose but I seen I got this look everytime.

Overall, if I had to chose a winner hands down it would be Maybelline BB Cream. Love how light it is on the face, how it moisturizes my skin, and most importantly I don't break out when I use it! Oh and offers more benefits for the skin (8) as opposed to the Loreal BB Cream (4). Plus its a lot cheaper than Loreal! Before I tried these products I had heard that Maybelline was everyone's favorite and now I see why!

The winner of the Beauty Product Showdown is....

Maybelline BB Cream!!


http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Face-Makeup/BB-Cream/Dream-Fresh-BB.aspx

http://www.lorealparisusa.com/en/Products/Makeup/Face/BB-Cream/Magic-Skin-Beautifier-BB-Cream.aspx?shade=Fair

**disclaimer-I purchased these products**

1 comment:

  1. I have the Maybelline and I didn't like it. I didn't see any difference to my face--it didn't look like I was wearing anything at all. I have an Asian BB cream and with that one, I get great coverage, so if I needed to use more of the Maybelline to get better coverage, I'd have been using way more product than the little bit I needed with the Asian BB cream (Skin79--using less than is shown on your hand in the pictures). Have you tried any of the Asian BB creams?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...