Thursday, June 7, 2012

NYC Long Wearing Enamel

Hey Ladies Day 2 here on Drug Store Beauty Product Reviews. Next up NYC Long Wearing Nail Enamel. NYC is by far one of the most affordable polishes and I think bc of that people have false impressions about the quality/durability of these products. Check out the swatches on the following 5 polishes I swatched. 

124- Cashmere Creme, 140- Empire State Blue, 114- Taxi Yellow Cashmere, 139-Plaza Plumberry and 276 Big City Dazzle Sparkle Top Coat.


All of these swatches were taken in the sunlight to get the most accurate representation. I applied 2 coats of each polish w/o topcoat to assess the overall shininess of each polish. 

The first polish we have up is Cashmere creme a light baby/sky blue color with a hint of white/silver shimmer. Kind of reminds me of the blue you see on newborns. It is so innocent, so soft and just so pretty. And best of all it looks great even on brown skin. 


Next up is Empire State Blue a blueberry color with a slight shimmer to it. Makes me think of the blue berry slurpee at 7-eleven. Yum!

Taxi Yellow Creme is a light baby soft yellow color. When I look at this I think of bananas lol! It def has a light shimmer to it and looks amazing in the sun! This color could be the base coat for lots of fun summer designs like color gradients and stamping. 

Finally the last swatch is of Plaza Plumberry and Big City Dazzle Sparkle Top Coat on my ring finger. Plumberry is a deep purple color and Big City Dazzle is a micture of pink, blue,  and silver glitters. This picture doesn't do justice to how shimmery and pretty the sparkle top coat looks and I love the fact that it goes with Plumberry so well. Kind of like they were meant to be paired together. 

Overall, these were the first NYC polishes I have had and I am in disbelief with how good they look. Like others I was under the impression they were going to be cheapy  but I couldn't have been more wrong. They are very pigmented, have an amazing shine, dry extremely fast and with the application of a top coat stay on well. And best of all they are very cheap. What's not to love about NYC polishes?

Price: Around $2
Where to find: any department store or grocery store!

**Disclaimer- These products were provided to me for my 100% honest opinion**

1 comment:

  1. I so love that you have good things to say about NYC polishes. I LOVE these polishes and probably own over half of their colors. Their fast dry topcoat is pretty good, too. Not as good as SV, but the best fast dry topcoat for the price ($0.97!). Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you liked them too, because most people assume a polish that only costs a dollar is not going to be any good. Thanks for giving this honest review! :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...