Monday, January 7, 2013

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

IMG_1907
Here is its the new UD Naked Basics Palette.

IMG_1908
A smaller version of the regular Naked Palette's, this palette contains all matte eyeshadows in neutral colors.

IMG_1911
The one thing I noticed at first is how much of a struggle it was for me to get it open. You have to really dig your nails in the slit to get it open.
IMG_1910
I took a hand shot just to show you how small this palette is. The length is similar to my iPhone and it is pretty thin.

IMG_1912
There are 6 shadows in the palette.

IMG_1914
The first shadow is Venus a white slighly frosted white shadow. It looks like it would be shimmery but it actually was pretty satin on me. This shadow would be best used as a highlighter for your underlid area.
Foxy is the light yellow-beige color. It came out very light on my skin but would be a great shadow for natural looks or under a darker shadow.
Walk of shame is a soft beige color that I tried a couple of times and it just didn't show up well on my eyelids. Probably would be better for bringing out another color.

IMG_1915
Naked 2 is a soft white/grey/beige color. This color was also hard to see on my eyelid and would look like I didn't have any shadow on.
Faint is a chocolate brown color. I love the pigmentation it gives. Probably was my favorite shadow of the palette.
Crave is a charcoal black color with a smoky brown finish to it. This color would give a great smokey look with a primer or look good at your outer eye crease.

IMG_2102
For the swatches I used my inner arm bc the white/beige colors were extremely hard to see on my darker skintone. Swatches are: Venus, Foxy, Walk of Shame, Naked2, Faint, and Crave.


Overall: This was my very first Naked palette and I was so excited to try it. to be quite honest I wasn't really impressed as most of the colors didn't show up as much as I would of liked them too. I found myself patting on a bunch of layers just to see some of the beige colors. I really wanted to like it bc I love matte shadows but I could have honestly done without it. Boo!


Price: $27
Where to find: Urbandecay.com, and Ulta

**disclaimer-This product was purchased by myself for review**

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...