Friday, March 16, 2012

February 2012 Beautybox Five Box


This is my first box for Beautybox Five. Here's what came inside:

  • Pritil Nyc-Soy Nail Polish Remover Wipes- This looked really cool to me when I first sat it because sometimes I really dislike the strong odor some nail polish removers. Sad to say this product completely let me down. It seemed to take so much effort to wipe away the polish off of a single nail like I sat their rubbing it back and forth and it also wasn't able to remove the glitter tips. The wipes do have a good smell to it though better than the strong smell or regular nail polish and leave your skin feeling soft. But overall, when you can only use 1 wipe to remove polish from two nails and I only had a stripe of black on my nails I don't think its worth it to me you probably would go through wipes fast. All in all, I would rather use cotton balls and nail polish remover and use the tin foil method to get the glitter and bummed because it would be a convenient to go remedy for when your nails chip/mess up on the go. Price: 10 ct $9.99
  • Smith's Rosebud Salve -Let me start off by saying I have tried the Strawberry Lip balm from Rosebud Perfume Co. from Sephora. Both of these lip balms have an amazing texture. Not to greasy or thick its perfect. The thing I didn't like about this lip balm was the smell. To me it smelled too fragrency (not a real word) and I am more of a fruity kind of person. I felt like I should put it on my wrists and neck as perfume instead of on my lips. In my opinion, the strawberry lip balm has a better smell to me. But people have different preferences and would enjoy the fragrence smell of the balm so I'll let you decide. Price $6.00
  • Welda Hydrating Day Cream. I have never heard of this brand before. The first thing I noticed right off the bat was my forehead got shinier. I have noticed an increase oil in my face due to working out and it seemed this product made it even worse. I don't know about you but I hate my shiny face. It also made my face feel a little more stickier. All in all, I prefer my cetaphil moisturizer as my daily facial regimen. Price $28 for 1oz
  • Welda Hydrating Night Cream. I put this on before went to bed one night but noticed I woke up with excessively oil skin the next morning and a little pimple by my nose. I have sensitive skin so I don't recommend this to someone who breaks out easily. It does have a soft lightly scented smell and does make my face feel a little softer. Price $21 for 1 oz
  • Comodynes Self Tanning Towlette . For being a tanning product it certainly doesn't have the chemical smell one would expect. It wasn't to sticky like tanning lotion would be and left my skin a little shinier. Also the towlette's are big so that one is good enough for the entire body. But being as I am already tan, in the end I wasn't able to notice a big difference in color to my skin. I did research others opinions: ome were good reviews some bad. Some say they worked, others say they did. Many reported an orange color to their skin, some said they got a tan color. And some said like me they didn't work. Too many mixes reviews and for $50 I would maybe try something else. Price $50 for 30 towlettes
    Overall, I wasn't impressed with the beauty box as I had hoped for. I didn't leave with one product that I wanted to buy the full size product for. I got the Beauty box during a promotion for buy one get one free so I have one more box to decide if I will keep my subscription. But again, this is my honest opinion. Some of you my be interested in trying this product. If so you can join Beauty box Five for $12/month. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ShareThis

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...